Delaware Basketmakers Association 2000 Seminar Basket
||Shared by the
|1/2" Flat Reed
#3 Round Reed
1/4" Flat Oval Reed
|11/64" Flat Oval Reed
5/8" Flat Reed
|1. Cut 7 pieces of 1/2" flat reed 18" long and 5 pieces of 1/2" flat reed 21" long. Mark the center of each piece of reed on the wrong side and soak in warm water for a few minutes.
2. Lay out the base as follows: Place the seven 18" stakes horizontally on the table. Weave in a 21" stake across the center of the horizontal stakes weaving UNDER, OVER, UNDER, OVER, UNDER. Weave in 3 more stakes on either side of the center stake.
3. True the base 6 1/2" by 4 1/2".
4. Weave 10 rows of 1/4" flat oval reed using the start/stop method. Pack well. Weave 1 row of 5/8" flat reed (This row must go over the center stake on the long side of the basket. If it does not you may need to add another row of 1/4" flat oval reed.) Weave 3 more rows of 1/4" flat oval reed. Pack well.
5. Using the #3 round reed (dyed blue), triple twine for 3 rows. This will be the outside rim. Cut off every other stake and tuck the remaining stakes into the weaving on the inside of the basket. Add an inside rim of 1/2" flat reed (dyed blue). Use extra pieces of the #3 round reed (dyed blue) as a rim filler (use 3 to 4 pieces).
6. Lash with 11/64" flat oval reed (dyed blue). Slide in the brass plate and enjoy.
This basket was designed by Linda Sydell and Joni-Dee Ross for the Delaware Basketmakers Association's 2000 Seminar. Brass plates can be purchased at a local Trophy Shop. Take the basket in when you go to order the plate. Plate suggestions would be:
3. Last Name/Wedding Date
If you have any questions about the Delaware Basketmakers Association, please use the information below to get in touch with us. Enjoy our pattern!
|Joni-Dee Ross (Pres.)
||Linda Sydell (V.P.)
||Nancy Jamison (membership)
|8012 Hoskins Ridge Dr.
||606 North Bradford Street
||77 Chatham Court
|Summerfield, NC 27358
||Dover, DE 19904
||Dover, DE 19901
BASES / LIDS
CORD / THREAD
DYE / STAIN
REED / SPLINT
RUSH / PAPER CORD-SPLINT
STOOLS / CHAIRS
WOOD PARTS / HARDWARE
Chair Seat Weaving
Gift CertificateShopping Basket
D.B.A. 2000 Seminar Basket
Sign up to receive Email Updates for Sales, New Products, New Patterns and Money Saving Coupons
Please add our email address firstname.lastname@example.org to your address book, to help reduce these updates going into your "junk" or "spam" folder.
Suzanne Moore's NC Basketworks, Inc.
130 Main St.
P.O. Box 744
Vass, NC 28394
Orders and Information : 800-338-4972 • Phone : 910-245-3049 • Fax : 910-245-3243 • Email: email@example.com
Copyright © 2017 - All Rights Reserved.